Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 2 officially over

Well... Not sure how to begin. How about best and worst?

Best: worshiping with the CCC staff in Durres. Although the songs were in Albanian it didn't seem much to matter to us or to the kids. I even started to pick up some Albanian words through the singing because as mentioned yesterday many are the same that we sing in the US. Just an amazing time.

Worst: I was responsible for 6 children this afternoon. 1 of whom was my son Tyler, however we decided to go to the beach and have a sand castle building contest. Communicating with the 4Albanian children was tough. But not that bad. I guess the worst part was my fear that Tarvins (sp?) would be lost. He kept trying to run off and didn't seem at all interested in castles despite our best efforts and whenever I would look away he would bolt. Simply put I would never forgive myself if I lost someone elses child. As I told Mitch my anxiety level was 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. I know seems so petty huh? Tonight I prayed that God would provide safety for the children and peace for the adults tomorrow. Seems like I may need to rely more on Him and less on me as all came through the day with nothing more than a scrape.

Other thoughts. Our Albanian hosts have been very gracious. I have had the opportunity to connect with a number of the CCC. I am blown away by how " on fire" they are for God. All are anxious to share their story with us! It seems that there was a serious spiritual vacuum in this country for so long that since the fall of communiunism al religion, and particularly Christianity has sprung up! Many first time believers are now in their 20's and 30's and share a similar story of hearing about Jesus and craving to learn more. Many had to sever ties with their families when they chose to be Christian and since have brought their family members to Christ. I am in awe of the amazing strength shown by these new believers. We have much that we can learn from them.

Tonight I find myself with mixed feelings. Happy to have been of service. Happy to see God at work. To learn from others. To heartheir stories. In total awe of what is being acompilished here.

Sad because I am blogging from a hotel with a pool and not some remote outpost. Sad because I offered my help to some one today. My expertise. And was politely declined. Ditto for a friend who offered to come along side someone tonight. Sad because during our 3hr meals we ask the questions yet few are asked of us.

The lesson? Someties we are called to lead. Sometimes to serve.

His humble servant.

KJ

Ps it took me ten time longer to post this than it should have. Not because it is a James A Michner novel ( although it feels that it is approaching that length) butbecauseof these HUNGRY MOSQUITOS who apparently.Ike Americian blood! OUCH SLAP UGGH ten typos in two words! GOtta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment