Sunday, June 13, 2010

Historic comes to mind

The word HISTORIC comes to mind I suppose because I am writing a BLOG......computer challenged me.......in ALBANIA!!!!! How grateful I am. We made it through the 20 plus hours of travel with a group of 22, and probably double number of suitcases! God shows up in the details! But even more so, he shows up in the faces and spirits of people all over the world. We got to eat lunch today with a local family. they can remember 20 years ago, being forced to be atheist,not allowed any books or TV from anywhere outside of Albania, And being taken to jail if they spoke of God, another country, or anything in opposition to the Dictator's commands. They are trying to figure out how to rebuild a country......and are thrilled to hear and know the truth of God. The people are friendly, and the drivers are crazy!!!! We hold the kid's hands tightly as we walk down the streets! Tomorrow, we go to Durres where we will lead a VBS for children....now over 60 children...plus the 15 that are in our group of 32. (we met up with the other two families here in Albania). I,m out of my element, and I love it. it's God's plan, which makes a great lesson in trust.........going with the flow, stepping in where ever needed.
I think I speak for us all when I give a big shout out to God.....thankfulness that we are here!
I thank you all for your support and prayers. it,s all being used and felt.........we can't wait to see the faces of these 60 Albanian children!!
Miss you all........bye for now.......
Tarnie

No comments:

Post a Comment